Winston-Salem Family Law Attorneys
At Stroud & Panetti, P.C., we have built our practice on personal service and commitment to attention and detail, working intimately with our clients to provide sound, professional advice and resolve immediate and long-term concerns. Although we have a history as trial lawyers, we appreciate that Court is expensive and not always the first or best choice for some clients. We are mindful of the financial stress of a separation and divorce. We have a straightforward approach and keep our clients fully informed of their options while suggesting cost effective, realistic solutions when they are available. We always fight for the rights of our clients, keep them informed, and help them to understand whether it is time to negotiate or litigate.
An Overview of Our Family Law Practice
We fight for and strive to help our clients during all stages of a family law matter — from the decision to separate from a spouse or partner, to preparing a Separation Agreement, through division of marital assets, establishment of custody, child support, or alimony, from filing a lawsuit through trial and divorce, and subsequent requests for modification or enforcement of court orders and other related issues including:
- Child custody and visitation: We vigorously pursue the rights of our clients to have custody of their children. We inform them that the Court decides custody based upon the best interest of the minor children. We work hard to achieve a custody determination that our clients believe is in best interest of their children.
- Child support: We represent parents who pay or receive child support, including cases which are not covered by the North Carolina Child Support Guidelines either because the parents’ income is too high or because the children’s needs are not met by the Guidelines.
- Separation agreements: We draft and negotiate separation agreements and property settlement agreements to minimize the cost and pain associated with separation or divorce.
- Equitable distribution of marital debts and assets: We assist with the fair division of property and debts, including financial assets, retirement funds, and real and personal property.
- Disputes regarding business property: We represent parties who own small businesses and work for an equitable division of those assets while recognizing the value of keeping a business intact following a divorce.
- Alimony and Postseparation Support: We fight for the rights and benefit of our clients, whether it is defending or pursuing a claim for alimony and postseparation support.
We also provide experienced counsel for the following non-divorce areas of family law:
- Adoption proceedings
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Legitimation or paternity disputes
- Claims by grandparents or other relatives
- Custody matters unique to military families
At Stroud & Panetti, P.C. we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ interests and rights and have been providing services to the Winston-Salem community for over twenty-five years. We are experienced and accomplished family law attorneys who provide efficient and effective legal representation and help our clients understand the best available options. We listen carefully to the specific details of your case, provide options and implement solutions. We will explain the best and worst case scenarios so that you can make a well-informed decision. Should you be in need of a family law attorney, please call (336)724-2600 to schedule a consultation.